Website Accessibility Policy
The Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau (“Company”), is committed to making its website(s) accessible for all users, including those who may have disabilities. In order to achieve this goal, the Company is taking the following actions:
- Conforming our website(s) with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 AA (“WCAG”), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”);
- Modifying our website(s) to permit content providers to post content in a format that conforms to WCAG for web content;
- Ensuring that our website(s) do not interfere with the posting of content in formats that conform to W3C’s guidance on accessibility;
- Distributing this policy to Company content providers and website content and technical support personnel for our website(s);
- Linking to this policy from the www.thehomesteadresort.com homepage, soliciting and providing a method to submit feedback, and providing a method to contact the Company’s website accessibility coordinator;
- Developing and distributing accessibility practices for Company content providers;
- Appointing a website accessibility coordinator who is knowledgeable on website accessibility and digital accessibility standards, responsible for coordinating the Company’s responsibilities with respect to accessibility, and responsible for developing the accessibility practices;
- Modifying policies to prioritize accessibility bug fixes to ensure they are remedied with the same level of priority as any other equivalent loss of function for individuals without disabilities;
- Retaining website accessibility consultants responsible for conducting annual website accessibility evaluations of our websites; and
- Providing annual training to Company website content and technical support personnel on ensuring our websites conform to WCAG and/or applicable accessibility guidelines that may emerge in the future.
The Company undertakes these accessibility initiatives to ensure full website access for everyone, and to assist content providers in providing content in accessible formats.
We are dedicated to making these accessibility improvements to our website(s). Please direct any questions or suggestions on how to improve the accessibility of our website(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback.