NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The Contest Rules ("Rules") apply to the 2014 Sleeping Bear Dunes Photography Contest ("Contest") conducted by the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau, ("Sponsor"). By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Contest shall be conducted in accordance with all such laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
1. Start and End Dates. The Contest will start at 12:01 AM EST on June 15, 2014 and will end at 11:59 PM EST on June 15, 2015.
2. Eligibility. Contest entrants and prize recipients must be citizens of the United States who are 18 years of age or more at the time of Contest entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its member businesses and affiliated companies, and other entities working on the Contest for the Sponsor are not eligible.
3. To Enter: You may enter the Contest by submitting your own photo to the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau Facebook page timeline with the specific hashtag in the message (#manitoumomentsphotocontest). Entry via Twitter may be made by posting a photo in a Tweet which contains the specified hashtag (#manitoumomentsphotocontest). Entry via Instragram may be made by posting a photo which contains the specified hashtag (#manitoumomentsphotocontest). Your entry will be valid if it provides one or more photographs (your “Submission(s)”), along with your full legal name, home address, daytime or evening phone number, e-mail address and date of birth. You may enter as many times as you like. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Contest and your permission, for the use of your Submission(s), your own name, and your picture and/or likenesses with the name of your hometown, for purposes of advertising, promotion and other uses, unless prohibited by law, without further compensation. Your entry does not constitute your consent to the release of any personal information to any person or corporation outside the Sponsor and its member businesses and affiliate companies, and the Sponsor will not release any such information. The Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are incomplete, lost, damaged, destroyed or received too late to be eligible to participate. All Submissions become the property of the Sponsor, which shall reserve all rights to such Submissions. Should any entrant in the Contest provide false information to the Sponsor, either in his/her entry or otherwise, the Sponsor retains the right to disqualify any such entries at its discretion. The Sponsor and its member businesses and affiliated companies may use Submissions for advertising, marketing and other promotional purposes. Neither the Sponsor nor its member businesses and affiliated companies is obligated to use any Submission.
4. Prizes. The prizes in this Contest and their approximate retail value are as shown on the table below.
|June 15-Sept1||Sept 2-Nov30||Dec 1-Mar 30||Apr 1-June 15|
|Finalists – 10 selected by jury||Manitou Moments picture frame Value: $35.|
Photo and quote featured on Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau website.
|Winner||Gift Card $100.|
Photo and quote featured on Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau website.
Photo and artist featured in Manitou, the Magazine of Leelanau an annual publication of the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Bureau.
Prize winners will be responsible for all costs associated with the acceptance and use of a prize and for any federal, state and local taxes on prizes. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prizes will not be awarded. All prizes are valid for one-time use, are non-transferable and must be redeemed within six months of the date awarded. Prizes have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash or its equivalent. In the event that the Sponsor is unable to locate a winner for notification of his/her prize, such winner shall forfeit his/her prize when it has been unclaimed for six months from the date of the Contest’s closing. The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, award the forfeited prize to another entrant, but the Sponsor is not obligated to award such a forfeited prize under such circumstances.
5. Selecting Winners. Ten finalists will be determined by a jury of Visitors Bureau staff and final prizes will be based on the number of “likes” each photo receives on Facebook.
6. Claiming Prizes. Prize winners will be notified via e-mail at the addresses submitted with the winning entries. Winners must respond to claim their prize within ten (10) days of being notified. Winners will be sent their prizes within fourteen days of being awarded. If the approximate retail value of the prize winner's prize is greater than $100, the prize winner will be asked to supply the Sponsor with their social security number for tax purposes. If a prize winner is chosen but fails to comply with these rules, the winner will be disqualified.
7. Obtaining a List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped, Number 10 envelope to the address shown in Paragraph 2 above, no later than September 1, November 1, March 1 and June 1.
8. Technology. If this Contest cannot be run as planned due to a malfunction of the computer systems used by the Sponsor or its consultants or web service providers, the Sponsor may modify the Contest as necessary. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error or change or damage caused by unauthorized intervention or any form of technical malfunction or any human error. The Sponsor is not responsible for incompatibility of an entrant or prospective entrant’s computer hardware or software or other technology with the hardware, software and other technology used by the Sponsor or its web consultants.
9. General. By entering this Contest, each entrant and prize winner: (a) releases the Sponsor and its member businesses and affiliated companies and their directors, officers, employees, affiliates and consultants from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; (b) consents to the repeated and unlimited use of their Submission, name, voice and picture or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium in any location in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law; and, (c) acknowledges that no one has made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may terminate or modify the Contest if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating and/or disqualify entries if an individual attempts to improperly enter or disrupt the Contest or to circumvent these Rules in any way or act in an unsportsmanlike manner or with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass anyone involved in the Contest. Decisions on all matters related to this Contest, whether made by Sponsor or its member businesses or affiliated companies or consultants, are final and binding in all respects.
10. Use of Information. The information on your entry form may be used by the Sponsor or its member businesses or affiliated companies to send you printed, recorded or electronic materials relating to the Sponsor or its member businesses or affiliated companies and their facilities, packages and special promotions. The information on your entry form will not be provided to third parties except as needed for administration of the Contest or as required by law or legal process. Entrants who do not wish to receive materials from the Sponsor or its member businesses or affiliated companies may opt-out either by checking the opt-out box in their entry forms or by contacting the Sponsor or its member businesses or affiliated companies at any time, either to opt-out of e-mail promotions, direct mail promotions, or all promotions. All e-mail communications from the Sponsor contain a direct link for opt-out convenience.